Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Saint Rita - Patroness of Desperate Causes


Saint Rita of Cascia
May 22
Patroness of Desperate Causes
Dear Saint Rita, during your entire life on earth you found your happiness by following the will of our heavenly Father.  Help me to be as trusting of God in all His designs for me.  Help me this day to give myself to Him as you did, without limit, without fear, without counting the cost.  Help me to be generous in serving the needs of others, patient in all difficulties, and forgiving toward all who injure me.  Help me to learn more deeply the great mystery of the Cross of Jesus, so that embracing it as you did, I may come to experience its power to heal and to save.  Amen

Novena to Saint Rita
Holy Patroness of those in need, Saint Rita, so humble, pure, and patient, whose pleadings with your Divine Spouse are irresistible, obtain for me from your Crucified Jesus the request I make of you –
(mention your request here)
Be propitious towards me for the greater glory of God, and I promise to honor you and to sing your praise forever. 
O glorious Saint Rita, who miraculously participated in the sorrowful Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ, obtain for me the grace to suffer with resignation the troubles of this life, and protect me in all my needs.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment