Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Saint Paul - Thorn in the Flesh

Saint Paul
Thorn in the Flesh

“Brothers and sisters:  That I, Paul might not become too elated, because of the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me…Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.”  I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.  Therefore, I am content with weaknesses…for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, than I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:7-10) 
Three times Saint Paul asks God to remove the thorn in his flesh, three times Paul’s petition is denied.  Why?  Why are any of our petitions denied?  Because God has a purpose for the thorns in our flesh, a greater purpose, a higher purpose, His purpose, one we may never know this side of eternity.  But have faith and trust, His “grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.”   

___
Saint Paul - Domenico Beccafumi

No comments:

Post a Comment