Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Prayers and Novena to Saint Benedict


Saint Benedict
Feast Day July 11

A Prayer by Saint Benedict
for Seekers of Faith

Gracious and Holy Father,
give us the wisdom to discover You,
the intelligence to understand You,
the diligence to seek after You,
the patience to wait for You,
eyes to behold You,
a heart to mediate upon You,
and a life to proclaim You,
through the power of the Spirit of Jesus, our Lord, Amen.

Prayer to Saint Benedict for Protection

Dear Saint Benedict, I thank God for showering you with His grace to love Him above all else and to establish a monastic rule that has helped so many of His children lived full and holy lives.

Through the cross of Jesus Christ, I ask you to please intercede that God might protect me, my loved ones, my home, property, possessions, and workplace today and always by your holy blessings, that we may never be separated from Jesus, Mary, and the company of all the blessed.  Through your intercession may we be delivered from temptation, spiritual oppression, physical ills, and disease. Protect us from drug and alcohol abuse, impurity and immorality, objectionable companions, and negative attitudes. In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Novena Prayer to Saint Benedict

Glorious Saint Benedict, sublime model of virtue, pure vessel of God's grace! Behold me humbly kneeling at your feet. I implore you in your loving kindness to pray for me before the throne of God.

To you I have recourse in the dangers that daily surround me.  Shield me against my selfishness and my indifference to God and to my neighbor. Inspire me to imitate you in all things.

May your blessing be with me always, so that I may see and serve Christ in others and work for His kingdom.

Graciously obtain for me from God those favors and graces which I need so much in the trials, miseries, and afflictions of life.  Your heart was always full of love, compassion, and mercy toward those who were afflicted or troubled in any way.  You never dismissed without consolation and assistance anyone who had recourse to you.  I therefore invoke your powerful intercession, confidenct in the hope that you will hear my prayers and obtain for me the special grace and favor I earnestly implore.  (Mention your petition.)

Help me, great Saint Benedict, to live and die as a faithful child of God, to run in the sweetness of His loving will, and to attain the eternal happiness of heaven.  Amen.   

"Desire eternal life with all
the ardor of your soul
."  Saint Benedict

 ___
Art
Saint Benedict - Fra Angelico 

No comments:

Post a Comment