Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Divine Mercy Sunday - First Sunday After Easter

Divine Mercy Sunday

"My daughter do whatever is within
your power to spread devotion to my mercy.
  Tell aching humanity to
snuggle close to my merciful heart
and I will fill it with peace
." (Jesus to Saint Faustina)


April 15, 2012
April 7, 2013
April 27, 2014
April 12, 2015

April 3, 2016
April 23, 2017


Jesus spoke to St. Faustina on September 24, 1936 saying, “Tell the whole world about My inconceivable mercy. I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which grace flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet. …The Feast of Mercy emerged from My very depths of tenderness. It is My desire that it be solemnly celebrated on the first Sunday after Easter. Mankind will not have peace until it turns to the Fount of My Mercy.” (St. Faustina Diary, 699)



On the first Sunday after Easter of the Jubilee Year 2000, at the Mass for the canonization of St. Faustina Kowalska, Pope John Paul II proclaimed to the world that “from now on throughout the Church this Sunday will be called Divine Mercy Sunday.”
If you have been away from the Sacrament of Reconciliation for any period of time, 2 weeks or 40 years, this is the day to Come Home, find comfort and "snuggle close to His Merciful Heart."
 


Divine Mercy Sunday Part 1
Divine Mercy Sunday and Confession Part 2
Divine Mercy Sunday Plenary Indulgence Part 3
Gospel Reading for Divine Mercy Sunday John 20:19-31
Pray the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy



No comments:

Post a Comment