Total Pageviews

Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 50 - 90 Day Bible Reading Challenge - 1 Samuel 29 - 31 - The Great Adventure A Journey Through the Bible


Day 50 

1 Samuel 29 - 31


Bible Time Period:  Royal Kingdom 
You established a kingdom on your servant David and promised him an eternal throne:  Establish your kingdom in our midst.



Prayer
Almighty God, in our defeats and in our victories we acknowledge Your divine plan directing our lives.  Our hearts soar in our victories, but sometimes we forget to thank You as the author of those blessings.  However, nature reminds us that it is not in the high mountain tops that the trees are green and the flowers grow but in the valleys.  It is in the valleys of adversity in our lives where there is the opportunity for spiritual growth.  It is in those times that we feel our need for You, turn humbly to You, and beseech You to sustain us in our difficulties.  David praised You in his victories, but it was in the low times of his life that his psalms speak so eloquently of his love for You and his faith in Your sovereignty over his life.  Send Your Holy Spirit to guide us in our last lesson of the Book of First Samuel as we see the unfolding of Your divine plan in the transition of kingship of Saul to David.  (Agape Catholic Bible Study, 1 Samuel Lesson 10)  


I love you, Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; 
my God is my rock in whom I take refuge, 
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”  (Psalm 18: 1-2)

Today's Reading
1 Samuel 29 - 31

Commentary 
Discussion Boards Day 50
Agape Catholic Bible Study Commentary 1 Samuel 28 - 31

___ 

For items devotional items related to the Catholic Church 

Back to Index 90 Day Bible Reading Challenge

Art
The Battle of Giboa (1 Samuel 31) - Jean Fouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment