Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 8, 2010

May the Month of Mary Our Mother


May the Month of Mary Our Mother

In the late 1700’s, a Roman Jesuit began the practice of dedicating the month of May to Our Blessed Mother. Yesterday during First Friday Mass the children of Holy Spirit School crowned Our Lady with a beautiful ring of roses, those who earlier this month received their First Communion honored her Son by wearing their beautiful white gowns and suits. The first graders were in charge of the readings and their precious pronunciation of words brought tears to more than one eye. This was a beautiful beginning to a weekend where we celebrate our own mothers and Our Blessed Mother Mary who intercedes for us every day bringing our prayers to her Son Jesus.

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come,
before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen

I pray blessings of grace to all mother’s, from all walks of life, in all circumstances, which are still with us, including my own mother at 95 years of age. To those who have gone to their eternal reward, including my blessed mother-in-law 15 years at holy rest, I pray:

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May the souls of the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.



The Apostleship of Prayer






No comments:

Post a Comment