Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 14, 2010

October - National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

This marks the 25th year that October has been designated as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and it seems that everyone has gone pink, including the National Football Association and Sports Illustrated. I am thankful that there are so many who want to help “find a cure.” I hope and pray one day there will be a cure for breast cancer and all cancers.

In 2003 the US National Cancer Institute assured women that taking oral contraception would not raise their chances of developing breast cancer. Since 2003 research has uncovered startling findings that should have changed the US National Cancer Institute’s stand on oral contraception and breast cancer. This has not been the case. Neither has mainstream media covered these new discoveries, except for a few brave souls who were willing to risk their jobs with their articles.

Earlier this year I had the opportunity to research the oral contraception breast cancer connection. I read far too many blogs such as Pam Stephan who at 46 was diagnosed with breast cancer after taking birth control pills for five years. Of course there are other reasons besides birth control pills that lead to pre-menopausal women developing breast cancer, but if you can eliminate one possible cause, would you?

While we wait for a cure and fight for a cure let us give our young women all the facts. Maybe it will save some of them from becoming another statistic. I compiled my research into three parts which can be read here: Part I , Part II , Part III .

I pray this is used by young women as a starting point for learning more about the gift God gave them by making them women and hopefully give them one more tool to stay healthy.  Blessings and peace to all, Lynn


2 comments:

  1. I was unable to get one of the three links to work. Each one basically froze, or timed out. It would be cool if you fix the links or e-mail me the three pages or files.

    bleusmon@comcast.net

    I'm very interested.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a beautiful rosary. im catholic.

    ReplyDelete