Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2011

To Worry or To Pray



To Worry or To Pray

Moderate amounts of worry can have positive effects on one’s life. Excessive worry, not so much. I am not proud to say, but I must admit, I am a worrier. Each day I spend time in prayer with God. Some day’s prayer comes easier than others. The ease of my prayer life and the closeness I feel to God is directly related to my current level of anxiety and worry. When I “let go and let God,” the wall between God and me or rather God and my desires is gone quite simply because my desires are whatever God desires for my life.

In today’s reflection, Fr. James Kubicki of the Apostleship of Prayer reminds us to, “Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you.” (Matthew 6:33) This does not mean all things we desire will be given to us, but when prayer begins with a desire for God, all worries fade away, and all aspects of our complicated lives fall peacefully into place.

When we desire God as truly as we desire to breathe, then we shall find God in prayer and be united with Him and His desires. This is easier said than done, but always provides the best outcome.



 

Holy Spirit I do not know how to pray as I ought.
Intercede for me with sighs too deep for words.
Give me the grace to desire God,
As much as I need air to breathe
Align the deep longings of my heart
With God’s desires and will for my life. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment