Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque - October 16


SAINT MARGARET MARY ALACOQUE
October 16
Saint Margaret Mary was born on July 25th 1647 in a small town in Burgundy, France.  At the age of four she consecrated herself to the Lord with a prayer she composed, “Oh my Lord, I consecrate to you my purity and I make a vow of perpetual chastity.”

At the age of 24 Margaret Mary entered the Visitation convent and after two months as a postulant, she received her habit on August 25, 1671. 
On December 27, 1673, Margaret Mary received the first in a series of revelations that continued over the following year and a half.  In these revelations, Our Lord informed Margaret Mary that He had chosen her as His instrument to spread devotion to His Sacred Heart. 

"I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment" (Jesus to St. Margaret Mary).
 
___
Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque - Corrado Giaquinto

No comments:

Post a Comment