Total Pageviews

Monday, July 15, 2013

Saint Bonaventure - July 15




Saint Bonaventure 
July 15 
The Seraphic Doctor

Arise then oh soul beloved of Christ.  Run then with intense desire to this fountain of life and light and cry out with all the power of your heart, quench the thirst of our burning hearts.”  Saint Bonaventure 


Prayer of Saint Bonaventure said after Mass 

Most loving Lord Jesus grant that my soul may hunger after you the bread of angels, the refreshment of holy souls, our daily and supersubstantial bread, let my heart ever hunger after and feed upon you on whom the angels wish to look and, may my inmost spirit be filled with your delight. May it ever thirst after you, the fountain of life, the fountain of wisdom and knowledge, the fountain of eternal light, the torrent of pleasure, the richness of the house of God.  May it ever aspire after you, seek you, find you, run to you, attain you, meditate upon you, speak of you, and do all things to the praise and glory of your name, with humility and discretion, ease and affection, with love and delight, and with perseverance unto the end. May you alone ever be my hope, my entire assurance, my riches, my delight, my pleasure, my joy, my rest and tranquility, my peace, my sweetness, my fragrance, my sweet savor, my food, my refreshment, my refuge, my help, my wisdom, my portion, my possession and my treasure, in whom may my mind and my heart be fixed and firmly rooted immovably for all eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment