Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Third Sunday of Lent - Cleansing the Temple



 
Third Sunday of Lent
Gospel John 2:13-25
March 8, 2015



About five years ago I gave up anger for Lent.  At the time I was having trouble with my anger.  Actually I was having trouble with my reaction to anger, the resentment that had consumed me because I had allowed my anger to turn to sin.


 I didn’t think that God was going to be able to release me from this anger.  Boy did I find out differently.  God not only took my anger from me during that Lenten journey, He turned my anger into love.  I was amazed.  I know I should not have been, but I was.


 Today’s Gospel this third Sunday of Lent reminds me of that time and how thankful I am to God that He is so wise, merciful and so all-knowing.  Listen to Father Kabuki’s reflection on today’s Gospel message and learn the difference between righteous anger  (that which Jesus exhibited in the Gospel) and sinful anger. 

For items related to your devotional journey through Lent
please visit Lynn's Timeless Treasures
Art
Christ Driving the Money Changers from the Temple - El Greco

No comments:

Post a Comment